Microsoft released an update for Windows 10. Those who are on Windows 10 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, or version 1709, will get KB4512494 and upgrade to OS build number 16299.1365.[wpinsertshortcodead id=”bzyqm5d3e04029f48f”]
Below are the highlights of KB4512494 mentioned in Microsoft support site:
Updates for an issue with downloading copyrighted digital media (music, TV shows, movies, and so on) from certain websites using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
Below is the list of improvements and fixes in KB4512494:
- Addresses an issue with downloading digital rights management (DRM) files from certain websites using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue in which the default keyboard for the English (Cyprus) (en-CY) locale was not set properly.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an App-V application from opening and displays a network failure error. This issue occurs under certain circumstances, such as when a system’s battery is low or there is an unexpected power failure.
- Addresses a rare issue that causes Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) to temporarily prevent other processes from accessing files.
- Addresses an issue that prevents a user from deleting a network in some specific scenarios.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent devices from starting when they start up using Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The error is, “Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed.”
- Addresses an issue that may cause the following to stop responding:
- Applications that were made using Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
- Macros that use Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Scripts or apps that use Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript).
You may also receive an “Invalid procedure call” error.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Known issues in this update:
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.||Do one of the following:|
This update is optional. If you choose to update the fixes of above issues will roll out on next month. You can download it by following these steps:
- Goto Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- And now click on Check for updates.