Today, Microsoft has rolled out Windows 10 Preview Build 19619 for Insider in the Fast ring. The build includes bug fixes but no new features. Besides, it details Your Phone app’s new feature, which enables you to control your music and audio apps from it and a new coronavirus banner in Windows Search.
Below is the full change of the Build 19619:
General changes & improvements
If the Sync button under Settings > Time & Language > Time fails due to network connectivity, the error now tells you that’s the issue.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugchecks with error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in the last few builds. This is also believed to be the root cause of some Insiders experiencing their PC frequently freezing.
- We fixed an issue while typing into the browser that could result in the Japanese IME unexpectedly being in Private mode even though the browser wasn’t in inPrivate mode.
- We fixed an issue causing many Schannel errors to appear in the System event log.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected characters showing up in the text strings of intl.cpl’s Additional Settings > Currency.
- We fixed an issue resulting in stordiag.exe crashing on launch if you tried to open it while running a repro mode trace while filing feedback under the “Disks and Storage” context in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re still investigating an issue where the Documents and Downloads sections under Privacy show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We’re investigating reports that the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- We’re investigating reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We’ve identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.
Moreover, for quick access to trusted information of coronavirus pandemic, Microsoft has added a banner for it in Windows Search. The banner is live in 33 countries currently providing fast access to the Bing COVID-19 Tracker.
The Insider team has also mentioned that they have included a feature in Windows 10 Your Phone app to control the music and audio apps of your phone directly within the app without breaking the workflow. Smartphone music apps like Amazon Music, Google Play Music, Pandora, Spotify, Youtube Music, Xiami Music, and Google Podcast can be controlled through the app. It requires PC running Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later.
Windows 10 Fast ring Insiders can get this Build 19619 via Windows Update, and more details on it visit Windows Blog.