Microsoft finally rolls out Windows 10 November 2019 Update, also known as version 1909 for all users. The ‘seekers’ meaning the users who opt to install the update by checking for updates will get the option to download and install.
The company has been testing Windows 10 1909 in the Slow ring since July. Unlike previous feature updates, this doesn’t come with a ton of new features. It focuses on performance improvements and fixes, some enterprise features, and quality enhancements.
For many users, the November 2019 Update will look like a Cumulative update rather than a feature update, but technically, it’s a feature update. It just increases the build number by one 18362 to 18363, where version 1903 has build 18363.
Moreover, the update comes with new features such as:
- You can directly create an event from Calendar fly out on the taskbar
- For better notifications management, a new button has been added at the top of the Action Center, and an option to sort the notifications is provided.
- File Explorer search box is integrated with Windows Search to see OneDrive content along with traditional search results.
- Now Start menu’s navigation pane expands when hovered over it with the mouse.
- Third-party digital assistants like Alexa can be activated from the Lock screen.
If you want to check, all the features come with the 1909 update visit here.
How to install Windows 10 November 2019 Update on PC
Those who want to install the update click on Start and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates. Under the “Optional updates available” section, you will see “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909” and below there will be an option “Download and install now,” click on it. After that, a Restart now option will appear; select it to complete the installation process. For more information, check the below video.
Before releasing the Windows 10 version 1909 publicly, the Redmond firm pushes Windows 10 20H1 Preview to the Slow Ring. For more details on Windows 10 November 2019 Update, check the company’s full release post here.