Recently, Microsoft made the Windows 10 version 2004 (20H1) available for the Insiders in the Release Preview ring. Besides, this version will also be known as May 2020 Update, and next month it will start rolling to all the users, the Team mentioned.
Microsoft pushes the same Build 19041.207 to the Release Preview ring, which has already been released to the Slow ring earlier this week. The company mentions that this would be the final build before the public release of the version. Here is what Brandon LeBlanc, Senior Program Manager of Windows Insider Program noted in his blog post:
We believe that Build 19041.207 is the final build, and we will continue to improve the overall experience of the May 2020 Update on customers’ PCs as part of our normal servicing cadence.
Moreover, the Business participants having Windows version 2004 installed can now request of Microsoft support, but the Mixed Reality users have to wait for installing the version as the company is still working on compatibility issues.
If you are not on the Release Preview ring, you can join the Windows Insider Program with your Microsoft account to get the May 2020 update. Follow the steps to do so:
- Go to Settings > Update & Security
- Then select Windows Insider Program at the bottom from the left pane.
- Click on Get Started button on the right.
- A popup will appear asking to link your Microsoft account. Link your account.
- Select the option Just fixes, apps, and drivers to join the Release Preview ring.
- It will ask for confirmation, click on Confirm
- Restart the PC
- After restarting again go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program to check whether you are on Release Preview ring or not
- Go to Windows Update and press Check for updates. Windows 10 May 2020 update will install