On every Wednesday, Microsoft releases a new Windows 10 Preview build to the Dev Channel. So, this week also it rolls out Preview Build 20180 with no new features. Though, it does include some changes and improvements as well as bug fixes.
The company also turned on new features like theme-aware tiles on Start, which were introduced in earlier’s build 20161 on July 1st. However, the pinned sites capability in Build 20175 is only available to selected Insiders.
Here is what’s included:
Changes and Improvements
- Based on feedback, we’re changing the tablet posture logic for 2-in-1 devices to now only apply when using a single screen.
- Based on feedback we’re updating the new folder icon in the Start menu’s All app’s list to be a little smaller so it better aligns with the size of the other icons.
- We’ve updated the search box in the Default Apps settings pages to improve performance.
- We fixed an issue in the last flight where Magnifier wasn’t following the curser in the previous build when the zoom was higher than 100%.
- We fixed an issue where Task Manager wasn’t showing the Publisher name for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue when using the Pinyin IME where tapping “/” on the keyboard wouldn’t produce the right character when using full width mode.
- We fixed a couple issues that could result in crashes when using Alt+Tab to switch to browser tabs.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where some Microsoft Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat may fail to launch.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where the min/max/close buttons are stuck in their original positions after resizing a UWP app. If you move the app window the position should update.
- We’re investigating reports that the new taskbar experience described above isn’t working for some pinned sites.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where sometimes the “close all windows” action in the taskbar doesn’t close not all of the open tabs
- We’re working on a fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where pinned sites don’t show all open tabs for a domain. In the meantime, you can fix this by pinning the site’s homepage rather than a specific page (e.g. pin microsoft.com rather than microsoft.com/windows).
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where Alt + Tabbing to a browser tab sometimes moves the previously active browser tab to the front of the Alt + Tab list as well.
- Opening a WSL 1 distribution can result in the error: ‘The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request’. Please check out this Github issuefor the latest updates.
Moreover, the Insider Team notified that the Preview Build 20161 will expire on July 31st so, to avoid that update to build 20170 or newer. You can check the release notes of the build at Windows Blog.