After releasing updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 on this Patch Tuesday, Microsoft rolls out another Windows 10 20H2 Preview build 19042.388 for the Insiders in Beta Channel. This is the first build which the company has released after renaming the Slow ring to the Beta Channel.
The build doesn’t come with any features. However, it includes several fixes and improvements, among which there is a fix for games and applications where visual distortion occurs when switching to or resizing the window mode. Below is what’s included:
Fixes and improvements
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from using PowerShell to change the system locale on Server Core platforms.
- We fixed an issue that might cause certain games and applications to have visual distortion when resizing in windowed mode or switching from full screen to window mode.
- We fixed an issue that causes lsass.exe to fail with the following error message, “A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted.”
- We fixed an issue that might prevent some applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files after installing Windows Updates released June 9, 2020.
- We fixed an issue that might prevent you from connecting to OneDrive using the OneDrive app. This issue occurs on some older devices or on devices that have older apps, which use legacy file system filter drivers. As a result, this might prevent these devices from downloading new files or opening previously synced or downloaded files.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, the Microsoft Store, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Kernel, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Update Stack, Windows MSXML, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge Legacy, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
We are expecting the Windows 10 20H2 version to ship in November this year. And it is expected that the version will be the same as last year’s version 1909, meaning it will sit on top of May 2020 Update. For more details on the current build, you can visit Windows Blog.