It’s the time for new Windows 10 Insider Preview, so Microsoft releases a new 20H1 Build 19041 to both Fast and Slow ring. From a couple of weeks, the company aligned both rings with the same build releases and will continue the same until the Fast ring gets the next feature update for testing. The build brings a minor feature along with a bunch of fixes.
Quick Search is available in other languages also along with EN-US is the significant inclusion in this build. Below are the languages available:
- Australia: English
- Canada: English and French
- China: Chinese (Simplified)
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Mexico: Spanish
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
- United States: English
Besides the build 19041 also comes with bug fixes and improvements which are as follows:
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an increased number of Insiders experiencing rollbacks (error code 0xc1900101) when upgrading to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in a crash when trying to log into a secondary account on your device.
- We fixed an issue when using the Japanese IME in certain Office apps that could result in the candidate window not appearing when using reconversion.
- We fixed an issue that could result in win32 apps experiencing an unexpected increase in CPU usage if left idle after having opened the Common File Dialog.
Known Issues in Build 19041.1
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- We’re looking into reports of the Optimize Drives Control Panel incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
The issue with the anti-cheat software has been over a year, which needs to be fixed by the game developers. According to the company, it’s not from their side.
Fast and Slow ring Insiders can grab this build 19041 via Windows Update, and for more details about the build, you can check the release notes at Windows Blog.