Microsoft pushes Windows 10 20H1 Build 19035 to both Fast and Slow ring bringing a batch of bug fixes and improvements. The company does the same with the previous build. Like the last build, this build also includes no new features. From the earlier builds, the Insider Preview watermark is removed and has a version number of 2004. It’s going to RTM in a few days from now though it won’t be available for non-Insiders until next year.
Here is what’s included in Build 19035
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- We’ve completed the experiment related to how we deliver driver updates through Windows Update. Devices that were involved in the experiment will no longer see the Optional Updates link under Settings > Windows Update. This also resolves an issue where after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. Thanks to the Insiders who have provided feedback on this feature.
- We fixed an issue that could result in fingerprint (if enabled) sometimes unexpectedly not being offered as a sign-in option after waking your device from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that could result in certain apps not launching the first time you tried after resetting the app via Settings.
- Thank you for all the feedback you provided on the Store version of Notepad. At this time, we’ve decided not to roll this out to customers. Insiders may notice some changes as we remove this change from this build:
- If you pinned Notepad to your Taskbar or Start menu, you will need to re-pin after you upgrade to this new build.
- If you had certain file types set to open in Notepad by default, you will see a prompt when you try to open files of that type again and will need to re-select Notepad.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- Some Insiders have reported when attempting to install recent builds, setup rolls back and returns error code 0xc1900101. In some cases, the update completes successfully on a subsequent attempt. If you are experiencing the issue, please be sure to file feedback in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- We’ve received reports of the Optimize Drives app incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on SSD devices.
For more information about the build, you can the full release notes at Windows Blog. Fast and Slow ring Insiders can download this Build 19035 via Windows Update. The company also warns the Fast ring Insides that it will begin testing new builds from their development branch soon, so if they want to remain with the 20H1, they should switch to the Slow ring.