Earlier this week, Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19028. Now, it has released a new Windows 10 20H1 Build 19030 to the Fast ring for testing. The build comes with a handful of fixes and performance improvements but no new features. These frequent builds, along with no new features, mean that the company is getting ready for the RTM.
In this build, you will find a notable change that the build watermark is no longer there at the corner of the desktop, which indicates the RTM of Windows 10 20H1 in December. However, Senior Program Manager of Windows Insider Program, Brandon LeBlanc, said that the team has more work to do and are not done yet.
What’s new in Build 19030
Cortana on Windows (Beta)–Now with more productivity!
Earlier this week, we rolled out some changes to Cortana on Windows for Insiders in the Fast ring. As part of evolving Cortana from a general digital assistant to a personal productivity assistant that helps you in the Microsoft 365 apps, we’ve made several changes that will give you a glimpse into how your assistant will help you manage tasks and time and connect with people. Read more about these changes.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.
- We fixed an issue where if you started to reset your MSA pin from the sign-in screen and left it without interacting with it for some time, it would result in a black screen, requiring a reboot to recover.
- We fixed an issue that could result in night light settings getting lost on the primary monitor when the system is connected/disconnected from a secondary monitor.
- We fixed an issue that could result in an out of memory message when watching a long HEVC video.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps not fully filling the screen when maximized in recent builds.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We’re looking into the issue.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 or 38 after they’re attached.
Along with the release of Build 19030, Microsoft also pushed a cumulative update build 19025.1052 to the Slow ring to try out the servicing pipeline on 20H1 builds. To know more about Build 19030, check Microsoft’s full release notes at the Windows Blog.