Recently, Microsoft releases a new build for Windows 10 20H1 to the Fast ring, which is Build 19028. However, this update doesn’t come with any new features, but there is a list of fixes and improvements.
As there are no new features and the company is providing only fixes and improvements, it’s clear that the 20H1 will RTM in December. Although, the non-Insiders have to wait till next year spring to get the version update. Below is the change log of the build 19028:
General changes, fixes, and improvements
- We fixed a recent issue that could result in Settings crashing when docking/undocking your device. This issue may have also impacted Action Center launch performance.
- We fixed an issue impacting the performance of the Printers & Scanners section of Settings loading.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Other People section under Storage Settings not displaying the correct size used.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Windows Update history in Settings saying a Cumulative Update required a reboot, despite it already being installed. This occurred when a Feature on Demand had installed while the cumulative update was originally pending reboot.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Photos app crashing when interacting with HEVC images.
Known Issues in Build 19028
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We’re looking into the issue.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 or 38 after they’re attached.
Fast ring Insiders can download build 19028 via Windows Update. For more details on the build, you can check the full release notes here at Windows Blog.