Microsoft releases new cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10 except version 1511 the first feature update.[wpinsertshortcodead id=”bzyqm5d3e04029f48f”]
Those who are on version 1809 update will get KB4516058 and upgrade to OS build number 17134.1006. According to Microsoft Support below is the highlight:
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates for verifying user names and passwords.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
Improvements and fixes of Windows 10 KB4516058 Update are as follows:
- Provides protections against a new subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling, for 32-Bit (x86) versions of Windows (CVE-2019-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130). Use the registry settings as described in the Windows Client and Windows Server articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions and Windows Server OS editions.)
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Windows Server, and Microsoft Edge.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide.[wpinsertshortcodead id=”zxikm5d3e04a8f1451″]
Known issues and their workaround in this update:
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.||Do one of the following:Perform the operation from a process that has administrator privilege.Perform the operation from a node that doesn’t have CSV ownership.Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|
|We are investigating reports that a small number of devices may startup to a black screen during the first logon after installing updates.||To mitigate this issue, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then select the Power button in the lower right corner of the screen and select Restart. Your device should now restart normally.We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|
To download the manually cumulative update KB4516058 click here.[wpinsertshortcodead id=”bzyqm5d3e04029f48f”]