Recently, Microsoft releases new optional patch updates KB4550945 for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 following the Patch Tuesday of this month, which is a week ago. The updates upgrade the build numbers to 18363.815 and 18362.815 of version 1909 and 1903, respectively.
The patch updates for both versions share the same highlights and the same bunch of fixes. Below are the highlights:
- Updates an issue that prevents certain apps from opening after you upgrade from a previous version of Windows, and a Bad Image error message appears.
- Updates in an issue that turns off notifications for devices that use a virtual private network (VPN) on a cellular network.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from resuming a Microsoft Xbox game on a Windows device after upgrading from a previous version of Windows.
- Updates an issue that causes a text box that contains multiple lines of text to stop responding in certain scenarios.
- Updates an issue that generates unexpected notifications when you change the default application settings.
- Updates an issue that causes Windows Update to stop responding when you check for updates.
- Updates an issue that fails to print content that is outside of the margins of a document.
More details on the update you can check update notes at Windows Blog. Apart from version 1909 and 1909, Microsoft releases cumulative updates for other versions also which include 1809, 1803, and 1607. These updates could be the last updates for this month, and the company won’t be releasing any optional cumulative update from May starting to focus on stability for users who are working from in this COVID-19 pandemic.