It’s the second Tuesday of the month, so Microsoft releases new Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 10 version 1909 or November 2019 update and version 1903. Both the versions receive the update with the same update number KB4540673 because the 1909 and 1903 share the same OS core with 1909 be more like a service pack for 1903 instead of a feature update.
The update brings the OS build to Build 18363.719 for 1909 and to Build 18362.719 for version 1903. The update comes with some improvements and fixes.
Highlights of update KB4540673:
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Updates for verifying user names and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras).
Improvements and Fixes for version 1909
- This build includes all the improvements from Windows 10, version 1903.
- No additional issues were documented for this release.
Improvements and fixes for version 1903
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain users from upgrading the OS because of corrupted third-party assemblies.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Silicon Platform, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Peripherals, Windows Update Stack, and Windows Server
To know more about the update KB4540673, you check the release notes at Windows Blog. The company also released updates for other Windows 10 versions. These include version 1809, which will reach the end of support on May 12 for Home and Pro users and versions 1803, 1709, 1703 for WindEducation and Enterprise users. These updates are mandatory to install. You can install them via Windows Update, or it will install in the next few days automatically.