Microsoft rolls out new cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903. The update is entirely optional, which means it will not install automatically, and users need to install it via Windows Update. Applying the update KB4535996 will upgrade the OS builds to 18362.693 and 18363.693 for version 1903 and 1909. The most notable highlights of this update are tweaks on Modern Standby mode and Windows mixed reality.
Here are the full highlights of update KB4535996:
- Updates an issue that prevents the speech platform application from opening for several minutes in a high noise environment.
- Updates an issue that reduces the image quality in the Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) home environment.
- Updates an issue that might prevent ActiveX content from loading.
- Improves the battery performance during Modern Standby mode.
- Updates an issue that causes Microsoft Narrator to stop working when a user session is longer than 30 minutes.
- Addresses an issue that adds an unwanted keyboard layout as the default after an upgrade even if you have already removed it.
- Updates an issue that prevents the Windows Search box from rendering properly.
- Updates an issue that prevents the printer settings user interface from displaying properly.
- Updates an issue that prevents some applications from printing to network printers.
How to get the update
Users can download the standalone package for this update from Microsoft Update Catalog and apply it on their PC. There is also an easy way to install this update for which users need to go to their Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. There they will find an area for Optional updates available, below that there is an option for Download and install click on that to install it.
If you want to know more about the update KB4535996, you can check the notes for the update at the Microsoft Support website.