As the year is approaching the end, we are getting excited about the next flagship piece from Qualcomm, the chipmaker giant. There are rumors, and we also expect that the next flagship chipset from Qualcomm will be the Snapdragon 875.
Recently Qualcomm has sent out invites for its virtual launch event starting on the 1st of December, 2020, which is also the most usual announcement schedule for the company, over the years.
Although the invite doesn’t include the name Snapdragon 875, however as per Android Authority, Qualcomm mentions “premium-tier mobile performance” in the email connected with the invite, which also points to Snapdragon 875. You can see the invite below.
Rumored specs of Snapdragon 875
As per previous reports, SD 875 will be the company’s first chipset to be based on the 5nm process.
- Kryo 685 CPU built on Arm v8 Cortex tech
- 3G/ 4G/ 5G modem – mmWave and sub-6 GHz bands
- Adreno 660 GPU, Adreno 665 VPU, Adreno 1095 DPU
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Spectra 580 image-processing engine
- Snapdragon Sensors Core Technology
- External 802.11ax, 2×2 MIMO, and Bluetooth
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
- Compute Hexagon DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions and Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- Low-power audio subsystem combined with Aqstic Audio Technologies WCD9380 and WCD9385 audio codec
- Improved performance and graphics with more energy-efficient than its predecessor
Rumors also said that Samsung will be the first company to use the chipset and will be debut in the S-series smartphone.
So now, let’s wait for the 1st of December to know more and stay tuned with us for time to time updated information.