Recently, Xiaomi launched the Mi 10 Lite Zoom Edition and the Redmi Note 9. And now, the company is ready to unwrap its new smartphone under the Redmi brand on 26 May. The phone will be named as Redmi 10X, and it will be the world’s first-ever smartphone to be powered by MediaTek’s Dimensity 820 chipset.
Today, at the Dimensity 820 chipset launch event, MediaTek announced that Redmi 10X would be the first smartphone to be powered by the company’s latest 5G chipset.
Meanwhile, Redmi, without wasting any time, shared the teaser poster with an official launch date on Weibo. Moreover, the company also shows the Dimensity 820 AnTuTu benchmark, which scores at 415,672 by suppressing the score of Snapdragon 765G. The benchmark score of the
The company also shared a post to define what is X. As per the post, the X signifies four meaning:
- eXceed- Same level of performance beyond flagship
- neXt- next generation of technology experience
- eXciting- new exciting technology
- relaX- powerful core strength for an easy experience
Before the official teaser poster, key features of the device already been surfaced online.
- Rear quad-camera setup within a square-cut module
- 48MP+8MP+2MP+2MP lenses
- Punch-hole OLED display
- in-display fingerprint sensor
- up to 6/8GB RAM and 256GB Storage
As per rumors, the phone will have two versions 4G and 5G with four color options- Blue, White, Purple, and Pink.
We expect more information to be revealed by the company in the coming days. So, stay tuned for more updates.