Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 is currently the latest flagship mobile processor, which is being equipped in most of the flagship smartphones of this year. However, a new report suggests Snapdragon 875 by the end of this year.
As per 91mobiles, the successor of the Snapdragon 865 is expected to get launch by the end of 2020, probably in December.
As per the report, Snapdragon 875 chipset could be Qualcomm’s first to be manufactured using the 5nm process. The report claims a codename of SM8350 for the upcoming Snapdragon 875.
Key features and specification of the upcoming Snapdragon 875:
- Kryo 685 CPU built on Arm v8 Cortex tech
- 3G/ 4G/ 5G modem – mmWave and sub-6 GHz bands
- Adreno 660 GPU, Adreno 665 VPU, Adreno 1095 DPU
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Spectra 580 image-processing engine
- Snapdragon Sensors Core Technology
- External 802.11ax, 2×2 MIMO, and Bluetooth
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
- Compute Hexagon DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions and Hexagon Tensor Accelerator
- Low-power audio subsystem combined with Aqstic Audio Technologies WCD9380 and WCD9385 audio codec
As the 5nm chipset should bring improved performance and graphics with greater energy efficiency compared with Snapdragon 865. But apart from specs and features, no performance improvement information surfaced yet.
There is information that TSMC, Taiwan, will manufacture the upcoming chipset.
Qualcomm will launch the Snapdragon 875 in December if the company maintains its annual unveiling schedule. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the launch may delay to early 2021.