Its Patch Tuesday, as usual, Microsoft is rolling out cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10. The updates mainly consist of security fixes.
Users on Windows 10 version 1909 or 1903 will get the same updates. The update KB4556799 upgrades the build number for both the versions to 18363.836 for 1909 and 18362.836 for 1903. Below is what’s included in the update KB4556799:
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Xbox.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Updates the 2020 start date for daylight saving time (DST) in the Kingdom of Morocco.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Authentication, Windows Kernel, Windows Linux, Windows Update Stack, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
You can check the original release notes of the update KB4556799 for versions 1903 and 1909 here.
Besides, the company releases updates for other Windows 10 versions, which include 1809, 1803, 1709, 1703, 1607, and the initial version of Windows 10. The version 1809 has the exact same set of security updates as 1909 and 1903 have, and the previous versions also have nearly the same highlights. To check the updates notes, you can visit Microsoft’s support site.