Just like Facebook and Whatsapp Beta, Instagram has also received the new Messenger Rooms integration update today. Those who don’t know what Messenger Room Integration is, it is a new video calling feature that allows users to connect through the Facebook platform. With this integration, users will be able to create Messenger Rooms through the Instagram Direct page.
The Messenger Room Integration allows users to group video chat with up to 50 people even if they don’t have a Facebook account. To use this feature, all you have to do is follow these simple steps –
- First, make sure your Instagram app is up to date, or you won’t see the option.
- Second, Go to your Instagram DMs in the app.
- You will see a video call icon, tap on it to continue.
- Then you will see the ‘Create a room’ option at the top.
- Lastly, sign in to Instagram using your Facebook account to create the room.
Also, anyone with your invite link will be able to join the room even if they don’t have a Facebook account. This integration has already been rolled out so, make sure you update your Instagram app before checking out.