As everyone knows, the world is currently struggling its best to avoid this life-threatening pandemic known as Coronavirus or COVID-19. The Government issued 21 days lockdown is still in progress to stop the spreading of the virus into other peoples. However, the number of confirmed cases is increasing day by day due to many reasons.
One of the biggest reasons behind the number of increasing confirmed cases is the lack of a COVID-19 testing kit in the country. But thanks to the popular doctor appointment booking service Practo, you will be available to take an online COVID-19 test.
Practo has partnered with Thyrocare to launch this new service, which went live over the weekend. Both the Government of India and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) have authorized this new service.
Let’s take a look at the symptoms of this deadly virus, pre-requisites, and how to book the online test.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
- High Fever
- Shortness of breath
- Respiratory illness
- Cough (sore throat)
- Frequent headaches
- Difficulty in breathing
If you have any one of these symptoms in you, You should immediately consult a qualified physician.
Pre-requisites for Coronavirus Test
In order to get an online test for yourself or someone else, you have to follow some pre-requisites given by Practo, before you complete the booking.
- valid doctor’s prescription
- A resident of Pune or Mumbai (as online booking is right now available in only Mumbai and Pune as of right now. Practo will expand the online booking to more locations in the coming days)
- Photo ID card
- Form 44 signed by a qualified physician (This test form includes the patient’s information and travel history on whether they’ve been in contact with suspected COVID-19 patients.)
How To Book The Online COVID-19 Test Online
1. Download the Practo app from the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (ios).
2. Open the Practo app and select the ‘Lab tests at home’ option to check the new COVID-19 test booking placed at the top. You can also go to this dedicated COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 Detection Test website set up by Practo as well.
3. Select the ‘Book now’ button, which you can see in the above image, and fill up all of the details of the patient like his name, phone number, address for a sample collection. You can then choose an applicable time slot for the test.
4. After choosing the time slot, complete the payment (which is Rs. 4,500), and you’re done booking a Coronavirus test for the patient.
After completing all the given steps, a trained lab physician wearing a single-use biohazard suit will arrive at your doorstep at your chosen time to collect a throat swab sample. The results will be shared with you and also the government within 48 hours, according to the official Practo listing.
Also, if you think some around you have symptoms of this disease, please ask them to self-quarantine themselves and take the online COVID-19 test.