Search Engine giant Google has introduced a new feature in India known as People Cards for entrepreneurs, freelancers, or anyone who wants to enable their online presence and can be discovered by others on the web. According to Google, individuals can create virtual visiting cards by adding their information through this feature to be on Search results and can showcase their websites or social profiles.
The feature is first rolling out in India because the country has the world’s second-largest internet market, and the people in the country have a special liking to show up their names on the search engine. Currently, the feature only supports English.
Moreover, the company mentioned that they have been working on this from the past few years. Earlier this year, it was spotted by XDA-developers. Anyone having a Google account can create People Card, but only one card can be created through an account, and users need to authenticate it via their phone number. Below are the actions which you need to perform to create a card:
How to create People Card on Google Search
- On Android phone, open Google Search app, or open chrome app on your smartphone.
- Type ‘add me to google’ or add me to search’ in the Google search bar.
- In the search results, you will get ‘Add yourself to Google Search’, in that there you will find a button ‘Get Started‘ click on it.
- You will get a form where you need to enter your details, filling up the required fields.
- Now, click on the preview to see how your card will appear in search.
- After that, tap Save.
Additionally, to protect against abusive and spammy content Lauren Clark, Product Manager of Google Search, said:
We have a number of mechanisms to protect against abusive or spammy content, and if you come across low-quality information or a card that you believe was created by an impersonator, you can tap the feedback link to let us know. If you no longer want your people card to appear in Search, you can delete it at any time.