Highlights of Face Pause App :
- Hides your screen when you are not looking.
- Pauses your videos/games with Facial Recognition.
- This app can participate in any activities that the user is doing on a smartphone.
Image: XDA Developers
You may also like: The Apple patent application for Mixed Reality headset
You desire to choose a time that’s long enough, so your phone’s screen does not turn off when you’re utilizing it, however not so long that you run the risk of others getting access to your phone since you forgot to lock it. Rather than keeping your phone awake while you aren’t looking, Face Pause does the opposite by “stopping briefly” your phone when you’re not looking.
Face Pause is a new Android app established by XDA Junior Member CarlDuncan. When you are not looking at the screen, it utilizes existing innovation such as face detection to see. Whenever the user is not looking, the app stops briefly the game or video playing on the screen.
According to a report by XDA, this app is comparable to the Smart Stay function that Samsung revealed back in time. The essential distinction between the feature and Samsung and Face Pause is how they go about it. The report exposed that Face Pause stops apps briefly while Smart Stay keeps them awake on your device.
As per the report, Face Pause App can participate in any activities that the user is doing on a smartphone, which consists of playing a video game, listening to music, or as discussed, seeing videos. If the face is not noticeable to the front camera, the app uses a screen overlay on the display screen. The app clarified that it spots merely a face, and does not support bio-metric face authentication. Face Pause is buggy with videos, so the designer has made a devoted Face Tube app.
This app includes continuously examining images from the front camera; there is a “power conserving mode” that makes you by hand tap the screen to conceal the screen overlay. Here’s the complete list of functions:
- Fast App Launcher – easily launch your favorite apps boosted directly and conveniently from the Face Pause app!
- Screen Standby Customization – choose the color of the screen overlay when the screen is paused.
- Power saving mode – manually turn on the screen and turn it off.
- Rear-view camera face authentication – face detection using the rear view camera to control the pause.
- Face Detection Frequency – you can specify how often the camera should check if you have turned away.
- Display Menu – choose to display a menu when the screen is paused allowing you to access the App Launcher fast.
- Pause cam – option to show the pause cam on your screen while using Face Pause.